Chess Moves

One person's short journey into the world of Australian chess

Monday, January 09, 2006

Kramnik Blues

It is somewhat sad that Vladimir Kramnik has withdrawn from the Corus Chess Tournament at Wijk aan Zee. Major bummer!

Full details at http://www.coruschess.com/

Over in Singapore.... happier news awaits... the 2nd Singapore International Chess Convention which was wrapped up recently looked to be a stunning success. Man, why didn't they have this sort of event when I was much younger. I would have loved to participate in the Asian Schools Chess Festival. More details at:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2848

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger The Closet Grandmaster said…

    Do you know me? And do I know you?

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger tanch said…

    I don't know. Do you? :)

    You probably have seen me around.... in the leagues club around NSW esp. at the Eastwood Leagues Club (my BIL Steven plays there) and North Sydney Leagues. :)

    I only got into chess like less than 5 months ago. And have only been in 1 competition (albeit having to miss quite a few matches as I was overseas and had to get a bye on them) so far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home