Chess Moves

One person's short journey into the world of Australian chess

Friday, January 06, 2006

Chess Openings: Changing Lanes

Office work has really got me occupied the past week *phew* that I barely had a breather and I need to work over the weekend again....

During this time, I had a look at a few books. I'm still struggling with trying to find an opening that's appropriate to my style of playing but so far have had little success.

I've halfway through Emms' book on the Sicilian openings and am unsure if it really fits me at all.

I've right now perusing through the Modern Defence, King's Indian, Queen's Indian, French, Nimzo-Indian etc.

Hopefully, I have one that's more to my playing style. I know what my BIL plays... he plays the Modern defence all the time.... the trick is that his tactics and positional skills are far superior to mine.... oh well, c'est la vie.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can u give me some of ur favorites
    chess tricks??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home